Did your laptop’s keyboard stop work? You are facing this problem. How to unlock Keyboard on Laptop, the trackpad or the external devices should be working. However, there could be a haul with the inbuilt keyboard.
This post aims to give you some helpful tips on how to reset and make your desktop or laptop keyboard work. The subsequent pointers could or couldn’t be the precise solution to your problem but will help.
How to unlock the keyboard on a laptop? A keyboard may become blocked for a spread of reasons, whether it’s an external keyboard for a PC or an internal laptop keyboard.
The quantity lock key might accidentally be switched on, the PC may need to be restarted, the keyboard cable could even be loose from the laptop’s cable socket, or the keyboard could even be altogether faulty and need replacement. None of these potential cases needs a talented hand or an outsized set of tools. The only tool or device necessary for keyboard repair during this instance could even be a Phillips head screwdriver.
Examine your keyboard to verify your “Number Lock” key does not activate. This activation is signaled by turning on the key. If the key’s activated, press it to deactivate the lock. The quantity lock key can deactivate an entire segment of your keyboard otherwise.
Also, read...How to Find What Type of Laptop I Have
HOW TO UNLOCK KEYBOARD ON LAPTOP?
Restart your laptop if the quantity lock key’s not the problem. A simple restart might alleviate your keyboard problem.
Disconnect your keyboard from the pc if you’re using an external keyboard connected to a desktop machine. Reconnect the keyboard and test its keys.
Remove the battery from your laptop if you’re employing a computer. Power down the computer, disconnect the power wire from the power source, and flip the unit over to access the battery release mechanism on its underside. Slide this mechanism to urge obviate the battery, then replace it and take a look at the keyboard.
Check your keyboard cable if you’re employing a laptop. Remove all the screws on the underside of the computer using a Phillips head screwdriver. Flip the laptop back over.
Pull it up slightly to reveal the cable running from the lowest of the keyboard right right right down to the laptop’s base, where it connects via the keyboard cable socket. If the line isn’t during this socket, this is often your drawback. Lift one side of the socket gently, then slide the keyboard cable back in.
Remove your keyboard altogether for a replacement if none of those troubleshooting attempts works. With an external keyboard, detach it from the pc. With a laptop, confirm the screws are out of the laptop‘s underside, then pull the keyboard up and out once lifting au courant the keyboard cable socket and sliding out the cable.
You sit before your Dell laptop and switch it on as was expected. When your computer gets access to the Windows system, you notice that you simply cannot type anything. Wired, it works all fine last time.
Rest assured. You’re not alone. Many dell users are facing the same problem as you. More importantly, you’ll fix this issue just by yourself. Read on this guide and follow the stepwise guide to troubleshoot the matter on your laptop.
Also, read…My Laptop Charger Broke How Can I Charge It.
THE DELL LAPTOP KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK
Your laptop keyboard not working issue are often caused by different reasons. Here we’ll be telling you three easy but helpful solutions:
Try one at a time:
- Restart your laptop.
- Uninstall your dell laptop keyboard driver.
- Update your dell laptop keyboard driver.
SOLUTION 1:How to unlock Keyboard on Laptop
RESTART YOUR LAPTOP
One of the simple, fast solutions to unravel your keyboard not working problem is to restart your laptop. Some users found that restart created their keyboard work again directly. So plan to continue your computer first. If your keyboard still doesn’t work, don’t be panic, try any other solutions which are listed below.
SOLUTION 2:How to unlock Keyboard on Laptop
UNINSTALL YOUR DELL LAPTOP KEYBOARD DRIVER
The laptop keyboard error does not always work due to driver issues. During this case, plan to reinstall your keyboard driver.
Since the keyboard is not working, connect the laptop with a wired or Bluetooth mouse. Then move on to the next steps.
- Find and click “Control Panel” in the “Start” menu.
- Select “Device Manager” after displaying the giant icons.
- Find and expand the “Keyboards” section. Then “right-click” on your keyboard driver software and click on “Uninstall device “.
- After the uninstallation is complete, restart your “Dell laptop”. Windows can then automatically reinstall the keyboard driver. Check if your keyboard is working properly.
If, unfortunately, the keyboard still stops working, follow the next solution to completely update your keyboard driver.
Also, read…How to Use a Tracking Number?
SOLUTION 3:How to unlock Keyboard on Laptop
UPDATE KEYBOARD DRIVER FOR DELL LAPTOP
If unfortunately, Windows does not automatically load the keyboard driver for your laptop, you can update the keyboard driver in one of the following ways: manually or automatically.
MANUAL DRIVER UPDATE :
- You can update your keyboard driver manually by visiting the official dell website and trying to hunt out the foremost recent correct Driver for your keyboard. Make sure to choose only drivers that are compatible in conjunction with your variant of Windows version.
AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE:
- If you don’t have the time, patience, or pc skills to update your keyboard driver manually, you can, instead, appear the hay automatically with Driver simple. Driver easy can automatically recognize your system and find righDriverer for your specific keyboard and Windows version variant, and will download and install them correctly:
- Download and installDriverer easy “.
- “Run” Driver easy and click on on on the “Scan now button “. Driver comfortable can then scan your pc and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of missing or outdated drivers on your system.(This requires the professional version with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. After clicking the “Update All” button, you will be prompted to upgrade.
Note you’ll appear in the hay for free of charge if you would like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your laptop to make the deliverer become and inspect to press any key on your keyboard to determine if your keyboard works.